Subject/Books/Materials
Art/Crafts
Bible/Devotional

Character Building/Manners

- Child's Book of Character Building, Book 1 & Book 2
- Miller Family Series (Prudence, Wisdom, etc)
- God's Wisdom for Little Boys: Character Building
Geography

- Beginning Geography by Evan-Moor: Volumes 1-3
- Geography From A-Z
- Maps & Globes
- Inflatable Globes (Political & Topographical)
History

- History for Little Pilgrims
- Life in the Great Ice Age
- Drive Thru History with Dave Stotts
- History Revealed by Diana Waring & AiG
Language Arts
[Core Kit]
- Spell to Write & Read (SWR)
[Supplements]


- Rigg's Institute 3/8" Rule Composition Notebook
- The New England Primer of 1777
- Phonogram Fun Packet
- Ceramic Tiles for SWR Phonograms
- Melissa & Doug Magnetic Wood Letters (Upper & Lower Case)
[Handwriting]


- Cursive First (CF) and SWR Lower Case Cursive Sandpaper Letters
- Large Clock Face on Paper
- Salt Box & Large Dry Erase Board
[Reading]
- A Beka First Readers & K5 Beginnings Reader Set (BJUP)
- Read Aloud Book List: 1000 Good Books List http://www.classical-homeschooling.org/celoop/1000-primary.html#bible1-3, Ambleside Online (AO)
- Five in a Row (FIAR) http://www.rainbowresource.com/prodlist.php?sid=1282252100-1333680&subject=2&category=6487, Son Light (SL) http://www.sonlight.com/readers.html, BHI Books http://www.bhibooks.net/home.html, VP Summer Book List K2
Math

- Saxon Math K supplemented with Singapore Earlybird 1A/1B (U.S. Editions)
- Melissa & Doug Magnetic Wooden Numbers
- Rightstart Mathematics Level A supplemented with Singapore Earlybird
2A/2B
- Rightstart Math Card Games Kit
Readiness Skills
- Developing the Early Learner (Books 1 & 2)
- Ready Writer (MasterPaK 1) [CD-Rom]
Science
- God's Creation Series: The World God Made
- A is for Adam, D is for Dinosaur read aloud (we have these DVDs thanks to
Melissa)
- Marvels of Creation: Magnificent Mammals/Zoo Guide, etc by AiG read
aloud
- Christian Liberty Nature Reader (1) read aloud
This is the same curriculum my friend, Melissa, used and I am quite pleased with the results. I'm looking forward to working with Evan on this and will be doing a lot of preparation this coming year. I will be attending a 2-3 day seminar for SWR this September. It's a lot of work but I am confident that it will be well worth it. We will also be working with Classical Conversations which is a local group that gets together once a week. The parents work with each other's kids. The children also work on projects and presentations to get used to speaking in front of people. I don't believe that I could have found a better program than the one that I have chosen.















Wow! This is incredible! I would love to come spend a day "shadowing" your lessons once you're fully up and running!
ReplyDelete