As most of you know, Owen has arrived. He was born on the 8th of June at 8lbs 9oz and 20 3/4 inches long. His forehead, nose and tongue were all bruised pretty badly but he's a tough little guy. We are all so happy that he's finally here and are adjusting to the changes slowly but surely. It does seem easier the second time around. Many people have asked me how Evan is adjusting to having Owen around. Well, it seems that Evan can't get enough of his "baby brudder" (as he likes to call him). We are constantly having to tell him to give Owen room because all he wants to do is be with him all the time. I'm so glad that he loves him so much and that there has been no jealousy.
People are also asking me how well Owen sleeps at night. He goes to bed around 11 pm and wakes up around 3 am and again around 6 am. Not too bad. He takes a good nap in the middle of the day around the same time as Evan's nap so if I need a little shut-eye I get a chance (if I don't have other things to do). Jeff's been a huge help around the house though.
Owen turned 1 month old on the 8th. It's just so crazy how fast it goes. Yesterday he lifted his entire upper body up onto his forearms. This is his one month picture.

I found Evan wrapped up in my nursing pillow...funny :).

Even though we've been so busy with having a newborn around, we've still managed to get outside for a little bit of fun.


This is Owen at a couple of weeks old.
Life has been a little exhausting for all of us lately.


I must be a pretty comfortable lounge chair.

Proud big brother.


Owen's 1st Independence Day Parade. He slept through all of the noise.

Evan enjoyed the parade and especially liked the flags.
No comments:
Post a Comment