I intend to homeschool Evan so I've been doing some research lately and am planning on using the Neo-Classical Christian method. I am well aware that many people do not agree with homeschooling. This is something that I feel strongly about. I would like to know what my child is learning and be able to mold him into a person who contributes to society rather than rely on someone else to mold him into who knows what.
A dear friend of mine is currently using this Neo-Classical Christian method to homeschool her son and I am pleased and exited to use this curriculum. I love how it emphasizes the importance of learning the Bible and applying it to daily living. I am also impressed with getting back to the basics...the way our ancestors did. It just seems like the RIGHT way to learn. I am currently in the process of educating myself before I start teaching Evan. While I won't be schooling Evan for a couple of years, I will be reading up on it beginning very soon. If you know me then you know how much I like to be prepared for anything new.
My friend, who is homeschooling her son with this method, has a blog that I will post a link to. She posts many of her lessons, links for info on this homeschooling method and progress. I find it very informative and helpful. If you are curious about the Neo-Classical Christian method, please feel free to take a look at her blog.
http://huntclassicalacademy.blogspot.com/




That's awesome to prepare in advance! I homeschool my 2nd and K boys. It's a challenge sometimes but we wouldn't have it any other way. Sometimes I post on what has worked for me on my blog. Come say hi if you like.
ReplyDeleteJessie at Blog Schmog
p.s. LOVE Third Day!