Click the "Sonshine Classical Academy" button below to view our homeschool blog.

What's New On Our Homeschool Blog

EVAN MAKING OWEN LAUGH...FUNNY!

Monday, August 24, 2009

Grass, Goggles, Ladybugs and Greenbeans

It's been a while (again) since my last post so, again, I am subjecting you to a lot of different updates in one blog. I say it's just more bang for your buck (even though you don't pay anything) you get the point:




I took Evan & his cousins to Wild Waters Last month while they, Jakob and Alyx, were in town from Boise. My sister, Michelle, showed up w/her kids too. We all had a blast (well, I don't think Michelle did cuz she was nursing a broken leg) but the rest of us had fun. Evan loved it and went on the big slides with me. He went on the little slides w/me and his cousins and eventually all by himself with help getting on and off. I was quite surprised at his bravery :). Every time we got off a slide he would say "again!". Here are some pics of the fun:






Evan spotted a lady bug on the steps on our deck & I thought it was cute how he checked it out.





No, these aren't from my garden (next year I hope). My mom & I picked a bunch of green beans from my aunt's garden. We all had fun snapping them before I blanched them and prepared them for the freezer.






Our son has a really big mouth :)





He is definitely his father's son. He's had lots of scrapes and bruises this summer.




This stuff is FANTASTIC!!!! I've even used it on myself a few times.





Jeff has been working his tail off so that we can have a back yard to play in before the summer is over. Here, he's jackhammering the patio so we could replace it with flagstone.



What's that???? Grass? In OUR back yard...YAY!
So far we have grass, our flagstone patio and walkway are almost completely done, the steps were added to the deck and the sand volleyball court is almost done. We have a little more work left to do but I'll post pics soon to show the fruits of our (mostly Jeff's) labor. Stay tuned...









No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones