.jpg)
.jpg)
After living at our house for about 11 years now, we are FINALLY starting to do something with our back yard. We had been putting it off because our dogs would have ruined anything that we would have done. We have a lot of work left to do. These are pics of the yard looking toward the neighbors behind us.
.jpg)
We planted tomatoes, basil, and bell peppers in pots and will be growing them on our deck.
I planted basil with the tomatoes because I read that it gives the tomatoes better flavor and keeps flies and mosquitoes away from the tomatoes.
.jpg)
Red bell peppers...
.jpg)
Green bell peppers...
.jpg)
I planted a strawberry patch in what used to be a horseshoe pit (it never got used). Now it will :). I planted a combination of German and Lemon Thyme around the perimeter of the strawberries because I read that it keeps the worms away from the strawberries. I also LOVE the smell of lemon thyme. I am told that the strawberries will spread a lot so I hope to get lots of strawberries in the future...mmmmmm!
.jpg)
.jpg)
I planted 2 different types of strawberries...don't know what the difference is (except that they look a little different) but I guess we'll find out now won't we ;).
.jpg)
.jpg)
Lemon thyme...
.jpg)
German thyme
Well, there you have it, the beginnings of our masterpiece (or so we hope). We still have to plant some different types of lettuce and some chives. We may also plant a couple of blueberry bushes. If we can find the right spot for a bush that likes to "take over" I might get a couple of raspberry bush starts from our neighbor...mmmmmm raspberries. I will keep you updated on our progress. Until then, the adventure continues...

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment