.jpg)
She (I say she because of the pink bow) came to us by complete surprise. I'll explain: Evan & I were walking in the store. Evan was helping me push the cart and quickly became distracted by a stuffed animal set out by the store at his level for Easter on purpose. He went over to it to grab it and I rushed over and picked him up before he could get to it. As I was putting him in the cart, he was crying, saying "hold it". I felt bad but didn't want him to get the idea that I will buy him whatever he wants everytime we go to the store. While we walked around the store, I explained to him that he needed to wait until Easter and I would give him something special. It didn't take long for him to calm down (not that he was throwing a major fit or anything, it was a very mild disappointment for him). We had forgotten all about it. About 10 minutes later, a little old lady walked up and said "is that, there he is, that's the little boy I've been trying to find". I looked at her a little puzzeled but with a smile on my face. As she came closer she said (while looking at Evan)"I've been looking all over the store for you." I was really beginning to wonder what on earth she was talking about. She then said "I have something for you" while digging into her grocery bag. She then told us that she was behind us when we were walking in the store and she saw how much Evan wanted the stuffed animal and so she hurried and grabbed it, went to the check out and walked around the whole store searching for him. She gave it to him and I began to get teary. I thanked her many times and told her how kind she was. Evan thanked her too. She started to walk away, then she stopped and turned around. She said "what's your name?" looking at Evan and walking toward him "I like to know the names of my kids." I told her his name and she told me hers and she explained to me that she's the grandma and great-grandma to lots of kids. I really didn't know what to say or how to react other than to thank her. She was a sweet old lady. After she left, we went on with our shopping. Evan hugged that little bunny the entire time we were at the store. He held it for most of the day. He even insisted on sleeping with it. When I went in to check on him while he was sleeping, his arm was clutched around it. I tried to move it and he just squeezed it tighter. What a special little bunny. I say that because it was given to Evan from a kind stranger. I think he sensed her kindness and that's why he loves the bunny so much. We decided to name the bunny Gigi because that was the name of the lady who bought it for him. I thought this was a great story to share with you...especially since it's right before Easter, the day we celebrate the greatest gift of all...the resurrection of our Savior, Jesus. What a great example of Christ's love that lady showed us.




What a sweet story! I miss you two very much and hope you are enjoying the days!
ReplyDelete