What's New On Our Homeschool Blog
EVAN MAKING OWEN LAUGH...FUNNY!
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
E-V-A-N
Evan read his name yesterday all by himself. It took me by surprise. I had written his name in his coloring book and have been trying to teach it to him for the past month or so. Yesterday he was coloring and Jeff was watching him. I was in the other room getting ready to go to gymnastics when I heard Jeff say "what's that say?" and then I heard Evan's response "Evvvvvaaaan!". According to Jeff, he ran his finger across the word from left to right pronouncing it as he went. I came out of the other room and asked Jeff if Evan just read his name and Jeff said yes. Jeff wasn't aware that it was the first time that he had done that. The funny thing is, we hadn't worked on it for a couple of days. I didn't expect him to be able to learn is so quickly, but he did...at just shy of 19 MONTHS! We took video of him doing it again, but the first time was definitely the best cuz he actually did it slowly. So cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment