Jeff’s getting around on crutches quite well these days. He’s currently non weight-bearing. He begins physical therapy next week to work toward 50% weight-bearing and then on to 100%. He’s almost completely off of his pain meds. By the end of the week his regimen to be off of them will be complete. He had to come off of them slowly as he was taking Oxycontin and Oxycodone in high doses. We had to ensure that he wouldn’t experience withdrawls…which he hasn’t had any problems with. I’m sure you can imagine how ready he is to be rid of the meds and the crutches and walking again.
I FINALLY went to the spine doc and found out my back’s fate. Next week, at some point (the appt. hasn’t been made yet as we are awaiting approval from insurance) I have to get a steroid injection (one on each side of the spine) which really freaks me out, followed by 4 weeks of physical therapy. If that doesn’t work, the next option is surgery
. It’s supposed to be an out-patient thing but in my mind, surgery is surgery. I don’t want it! The doc said my chances are 50/50
.
On another note, the doc said that my back problem has nothing to do with my hip problem so I need to see an orthopedic surgeon to figure out what’s wrong with my hip, sigh. That’s it in a nut shell.




No comments:
Post a Comment