Click the "Sonshine Classical Academy" button below to view our homeschool blog.

What's New On Our Homeschool Blog

EVAN MAKING OWEN LAUGH...FUNNY!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

First "REAL" Easter

This year was the first "real" Easter that Evan could enjoy. Although we do not celebrate the Easter Bunny (we prefer the true meaning of Easter) we did do some of the traditional things that come with Easter. We colored eggs (but Evan was a grump and ended up going to bed and Jeff & I ended up doing it). It was fun...I can't remember the last time I colored eggs. We started the day off by going to breakfast and while we were at breakfast we told Evan that when we got home he would get a surprise. While Jeff was waiting for the check, I decided to walk around with Evan because he was getting ancy. We went outside and then came back in. As we walked in the door Evan yelled at the top of his lungs "SURPRISE". I started laughing because the people that were nearby got a good laugh out of it. When we got home we set his gifts out on the front lawn. We got Evan a little golf set and baseball with a bat. I hid some plastic eggs (that looked like soccer balls, baseballs, basketballs and footballs) around the yard and he hunted for them. He loved it! His Aunt Julie, Uncle Jerry, and cousins, Ben and Tanner gave him a power wheels Jeep that is battery powered. Alltogether, I think he made out like a bandit. I put a few m-n-ms in his plastic eggs and he was lovin' those. Here are some pics of his Easter experience.



Playing with the eggs that he found

Showing off his Easter outfit

Enjoying the fruits of his labor (or rather, the m-n-ms of his labor)

Hunting












No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones